In this announcement:
1. Board Meeting December 1st
2. “Members’ Events” on website
3. “Become a Volunteer” webpage
Note: edited from the original to indicate the change of venue
There will be a board meeting on Thursday December 1st at 7pm at 2177 Braeside Ave in Ottawa (Mark and Heather Evenchick’s home) 35 Laurel Street, Le Michel-Ange Coffee/Tea Restaurant. Any member may attend to observe. As space is limited, please RSVP so if on the unlikely event dozens of members decide to show up we can arrange for a larger space. Once approved the minutes of the meeting will be posted on the website as usual. The tentative agenda is:
- Business arising
- research from Edgar and Mark on costs and process of becoming charitable
- audit committee search
- Choose a date for the next Annual Meeting
- Progress report on “Beard Team”
- Proposal: “2011 Spirit of Rasputin’s LIVE Retrospective” CD
- Proposal: Members’ Concerts in September and June
- Possibility for SoR to become a co-sponsor of three folk-related CKCU shows
- Ottawa Grassroots Festival April 28
- Requests use of our piano
- Requests Spirit to sponsor afternoon Open Stage (1 hour)
- Financial sponsorship?
On the website at the bottom of the right sidebar there is a listing of events in which Spirit members are the producers or participants. There is also a page for these events at http://rasputins.ca/performance-calendar/members-events/ which is easier to read and easy to link to.
These are not our regular Spirit of Rasputin’s events. They are independent events related to us only through our family of members. As a member, if you are organizing or participating in an event you wish to list, you can enter it yourself:
- Login to the site (upper right corner of the website),
- Click “Edit my profile” to go to the Dashboard
- Click the “Events” tab in the left margin of the Dashboard
- Fill in the events form and save it
Use the format of the other events to guide you. Or email the details to me if that sounds intimidating and I will post it for you.
The board has also decided that requests to advertise unrelated charitable events will also be listed on the Members’ Events page as long as these events also support the goals and philosophy of Spirit of Rasputins.
Become a Volunteer
We have a new page dedicated to seeking out new volunteers for those vacancies that exist and periodically recurr. The page is at http://rasputins.ca/contact/become-a-volunteer/ and you can find it in the drop down list below the Contact menu item. Carol Noel is putting together a “B Team” as a dedicated concert team to stage all Rasputin’s Beards. This will free up the usual concert team to tackle new challenges in addition to the concert series. We continue to grow! If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org (volunteers null@null rasputins NULL.ca)
See you at Missy’s CD release on the 19th!!
President, Spirit of Rasputin’s Arts Society